Our Favorite: Breweries on the South ShoreJuly 20, 2018
DIY Stain Remover Hacks: SweatJuly 31, 2018
Golf season is in full swing (ha, get it?) and we know that on a beautiful day like today you might be itching to get out onto the green. Here are some of our favorite places in and around Boston to tee off:
- Granite Links: Just 7 miles away from Boston, Granite Links offers 27 challenging holes with amazing views of Boston’s skyline to the North, the Harbor Islands to the East and the Blue Hills Reservation to the West.
- The Country Club (Clyde/Squirrel): Although this course is located right in Chestnut Hill, the country club’s scenery looks like it was taken right from the Scottish Highlands. Aesthetic features include small, pear-sized greens and beautiful rock outcroppings.
- Boston Golf Club: When you visit the Boston Golf Club in Hingham, you feel like you’re going back in time. Architect Gil Hanse envisioned Boston Golf Club’s course to feel like it has been there for 100 years, and he has succeeded with the beautiful and dramatic features.
- Charles River Country Club: The Charles River Country Club loves its heritage, and that’s why you’ll see a picture of Francis Ouimet and Eddie Lowery (Caddie) at the famous 1913 U.S. Open outside the locker room. Ouimet was the club’s first honorary member, remaining an active member until his death in 1967. Members play the course at a par of 72 and a playing distance of 6,657 yards. The course rating is 72.7 with a slope rating of 131.
- George Wright: Named after the Hall of Fame baseball player who played for the Cincinnati and Boston Red Stockings in the 1800s, George Wright championed the growth of golf in Boston. The George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park offers a full sized 18-hole golf course as well as a six-foot rock wall that encircles the entire 156-acre site.
- South Shore Country Club: South Shore Country Club provides thousands of golfers with the opportunity to enjoy the exceptional design and quality conditions of this magnificent course located in Hingham.